• Irrigation Water Management
• Irrigation Scheduling
• Irrigation Systems
• Crop Water Requirements
• Field Hydrology
• Crop Modeling
Extension Water Quality Specialist
• Develop, demonstrate and evaluate nutrient, irrigation and pesticide best management practices (BMPs) for water quality protection in irrigated agriculture.
• Demonstration and evaluation of limited irrigation management in corn and sugar beets.
• Develop and maintain the Agricultural Water Conservation Clearinghouse (http://www.agwaterconservation.colostate.edu/).
• Demonstration and evaluation of conservation tillage in furrow irrigated systems (http://www.conservationtillage.colostate.edu).
• Assessment of producer adoption of nutrient, irrigation and pesticide best management practices (BMPs) for water quality protection in irrigated agriculture.
• Develop and conduct outreach programs to help rural residents protect their private well water supplies (http://region8water.colostate.edu/drinking_water.shtml).
Environmental Physics and Micrometeorology
Soil Fertility/Soil Health Extension Specialist
• Macro- and micro-nutrient, heavy metal cycling
• Plant nutrient deficiencies and toxicities
• Land application of waste products (biochars, biosolids, manures, etc.)
• Soil health quantification in (degraded) agroecosystems, overgrazed rangelands, mined-lands
Crop Production (Variety Testing)
Director of Colorado Seed Programs
Soil, Water and Plant Testing Lab Manager